Blog Archive

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Valentines Day, 2010





I do feel ashamed.  Not because I think I have anything to prove to anyone else, but because the way I have been eating the last week has been making me feel like crap.
I won't go into the full details of how it has affected me but here are some things I have noticed;  I've been waking up feeling like I have a hangover, thirsty, headaches, body aches, sluggish, wiped out and cranky.  Really cranky...almost toxic.

I'm sure you're thinking, "What the heck has she been eating"?!!

SUGAR!  I've been on a sugar bender and I can't seem to stop.  I guess maybe admitting that I've been going sugar crazy is the first step.  I've been eating tootsie pops, tootsie rolls, jolly ranchers, kit kats, caramels, etc.  I felt like I did really well over the holidays, but Valentines Day...it got to me and I've been eating all the sugar that Valentine’s Day type people put in front of you.  My bender has even taken me to the depths of soy and peanut products as well.  Sugar is evil, bad for us and addictive...especially in the processed forms that we typically consume it in.  I'm not one of those people who believe, "everything in moderation".  Some things are just bad for you, period.
 In addition, I haven't been drinking my liter of water every morning and I've only juiced a couple of days.
 So how do I get off this sugar bender?  Well, I'm going to go cold turkey.  Tomorrow, I will begin a 5-day purging of sugar.  No sugar, no flour, no dairy, no soy, no fruit, no nuts, no seeds, no grains, no oils and no processed anything.  

I'm sure you're thinking, "What the heck are you going to eat?"

RAW VEGETABLES, steamed vegetables, sweet potatoes, squash, eggs, fish, green vegetable juices and water.  
Organic butter in moderation and 75% cacao content dark chocolate in moderation.

Alright, 
See you tomorrow...

Today is Sunday, Valentines Day 2010

1130 am 2 cups of water
230 pm 6 Hershey’s kisses white chocolate hugs
330 pm Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
630 pm 16 ounces of Green Juice
830 pm small green salad with 1/2 avocado, carrots, pepper and sea salt.
845 pm steamed fingerling potatoes with red pepper, onion, celery, garlic, carrot, turmeric, curry, crushed red pepper, black pepper and sea salt.  
10 pm ¼  cup of red wine - Malbec

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers