Blog Archive

Sunday, July 31, 2011

juice fast (feast) day 2

I woke up a little sore this morning and I noticed several times in the day that I was a little lightheaded but all in all I would say that it was a great second day of fasting.  I made a green juice in the morning, went to church and then over to visit my friend Kate Rose and then I spent the rest of the day laying around the house reading and watching Mad Men.

Here's what I had today:

16 ounces distilled water
24 ounces of green juice with collards, romaine, lemon, ginger and stevia
16 ounces of tomato, garlic, carrot, beet, cucumber, basil, onion and jalapeno (just a smidge) juice
8 ounces raspberry juice with stevia
16 ounces grapefruit, orange, lime and cranberry juice with 2 packets of stevia and it was still VERY tart
8 ounces of green juice with celery, cucumber, dino kale, granny smith, ginger and lemon

I read today that perhaps I shouldn't be taking in so much fruit juice, especially those from very acidic fruits like tomatos and citrus so I'm going to try and cut back on those for the duration of the fast.

I felt a little hunger pang for the first time this evening as I wrote this blog so I went and had some of the black cherry and strawberry sun tea that I made.  WOW!  I muddled strawberries and black cherries in a mason jar and then covered them in distilled water and set out in the sunshine all day.  Oh dog, it was excellent!  I think I might just have a little more before bed.  Good night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers